Water that is supplied to 95% of the residents and businesses in the City of Paramount comes from the City’s water utility.
Water supplies are highly regulated by numerous agencies to ensure ongoing availability and safety. For instance, water quality is overseen by the State Water Resources Control Board-Division of Drinking Water (DDW).
As the water provider in town, guaranteeing that the local supply is healthy is the top priority for the City. Paramount must consistently have its water tested by outside agencies and then report those findings to DDW.
One component that is looked at monthly is the presence of arsenic: in its raw, naturally occurring state, the water pumped from the ground at Well #13 does, on average, have an amount of arsenic that exceeds the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) maximum contamination level. However, that water is treated and cleansed – like all water in the Paramount system – so what residents receive has insignificant traces of arsenic well within the safe levels as determined by the EPA. For more information, please click here.
An annual reporting on the City’s water quality is provided through a mandated Consumer Confidence Report that is compiled and made available to the public. Details on this process can be seen on this page, and the latest Consumer Confidence Report can be found here.
- Paramount Proactively Analyzing PFAS Treatment Options (4/7/2021)
- PFOS Detected in Water Well 14 (6/2/2020)
- Water Quality in Paramount (1/28/2020)
- Paramount Water Quality Remains Compliant After Two Years of Testing (10/22/2018)
- Paramount Honored for Sustainability Efforts (9/17/2018)
- Summary of SCAQMD Rules Relevant to Paramount Facilities (9/12/2018)
- Residents Gain Tips and Information on a Sustainable Future (4/5/2018)
- Institute of Local Government to Honor City’s Environmental Efforts (3/28/2018)
- Sustainable Paramount: Eco Fair on Saturday, March 24 (3/15/2018)
- Monthly Water Testing – February 2018 Results (2/12/2018)
- Paramount Produces Air Quality Community Update Video (2/7/2018)
- Monthly Water Testing – January 2018 Results (1/29/2018)
- Monthly Water Testing – December 2017 Results (12/26/2017)
- Monthly Water Testing – November Results (11/30/2017)
- Monthly Water Testing – October Results (10/21/2017)
- Metal Facility Pressure Washing (9/26/2017)
- Monthly Water Testing – August & September Results (9/8/2017)
- City Issues Community Update on Actions Taken (8/7/2017)
- Monthly Water Testing – July Results (7/25/2017)
- June Water Testing Results Re-Confirm Safe Levels (6/23/2017)
- City Publishes 2016 Consumer Confidence Report (5/24/2017)
- Monthly Water Testing – May Results (5/19/2017)
- No Arsenic Risk in Paramount Water (4/26/2017)
- Monthly Water Testing – April Results (4/21/2017)
- Water Board Issues Notice of Violation for Aerocraft Stormwater (3/23/2017)
- Monthly Water Testing – March Results (3/16/2017)
- State Water Board Launches New Portal, Shows Paramount In Compliance (2/23/2017)
- Monthly Water Testing – February Results (2/21/2017)
- Monthly Water Testing – January Results (2/9/2017)
- City Engages Expanded Environmental Team (1/11/2017)
- Testing Confirms Paramount Water Supply Safe and Clean Concerns About Hexavalent Chromium in Water Addressed (1/10/2017)