Starting in February 2019 for residential customers and May 2019 for non-residential customers, the Clean Power Alliance became a new electricity provider for the City of Paramount.
The Clean Power Alliance (CPA) is a Joint Powers Authority (JPA) made up of public agencies across Los Angeles and Ventura counties working together to bring clean, renewable power to Southern California.
The CPA provides cleaner, cheaper electricity. Southern California Edison (SCE) continues delivering the power to our homes and businesses, maintaining and repairing infrastructure, and billing customers.
During the current pandemic, CPA is offering a bill assistance program for customers experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19. Click here for bill assistance program details.
Click here to view the Business Customer Information Sheet
For the first time, you now have a choice when it comes to your energy provider. The CPA offers three new, competitively-priced options for your electricity.
- Provides 100 percent renewable energy content and gives you the opportunity to be an environmental champion leading the way to a greener future.
- Seven to 9 percent more expensive than the SCE default rate.
- Provides 50 percent renewable energy content and the opportunity to support building a cleaner future, all at cost-competitive rates.
- Zero to 1 percent cheaper than SCE’s default rate.
- Provides 36 percent renewable energy content at the lowest possible cost, with the added benefit of local management and control.
- One to 2 percent cheaper than SCE’s default rate.
The City of Paramount has chosen Lean Power as the default product for our community. At any time, you can:
- Do nothing – enjoy cheaper rates and 36 percent renewable energy content on the Lean Power plan.
- Select one of the CPA’s other options: Clean Power (50 percent renewable content) or Green Power (100 percent renewable content).
- Opt out of CPA-supplied power and remain a customer with SCE. Customers can make these selections or reverse them at any time.
To obtain more information or make a change to your electrical plan, visit www.cleanpoweralliance.org or contact the CPA at email@example.com or 888-585-3788.
Frequently Asked Questions
The CPA is a locally-controlled clean electricity provider for 31 member cities and counties in Southern California, including Paramount. Founded in 2017, the CPA is a Joint Powers Authority (JPA) governed by a board of directors, which includes an elected official from each member agency. Council member Laurie Guillen serves as the director from Paramount. The CPA reinvests funds in innovative projects and programs in the communities it serves.
The CPA purchases the electricity that is sent through the e wires (much of which comes from renewable energy sources) and SCE delivers the power to our homes and businesses. SCE still owns and reads your electric meter, sends your monthly bill and provides the same maintenance and other repair services it always has. The only thing that has changed is the electric generation services, with the CPA now providing your choice of 36, 50 or 100 percent renewable energy content at competitive rates.
The CPA gets its electricity from private suppliers that have gone through a rigorous qualification and selection process, with a goal of incorporating locally generated power whenever possible. These suppliers get their electricity from a variety of generation sources, such as wind or solar. The majority of power will be generated from California-based sources, with some projects located within Ventura and Los Angeles Counties. The exact proportion of each power source varies with time, based on demand and availability.
Yes. Customers enrolled in the CPA continue to receive their CARE, FERA, and Medical Baseline discount within their SCE delivery charges. There is no need to reapply with the CPA. New CARE, FERA, and Medical Baseline enrollments or renewals must still be done through SCE’s customer service center or website. To apply for your discount, visit sce.com/care.
If you have questions about the CPA portion of your bill, you can call 888-585-3788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the rest of your Southern California Edison bill, call SCE at 800-655-4555.