Highlights & Top Stories:
- August 4 – The Paramount Environmental portal is expanded to cover the topic of soil quality
- August 6 – LA County Department of Public Health issues four Public Health Directives to Carlton Forge Works, Mattco Forge, Press Forge, and Weber Metals
- August 7 – City issues community update on actions taken to date
- August 8 – Assembly Bill 1132 becomes California law
- August 8 – Consultant Tetra Tech explains health standards by other regulatory agencies to the City Council
- August 23 – SCAQMD Hearing Board approves Stipulated Order for Abatement for Lubeco Inc.
- August 31 – Air Quality Sub Committee continues discussion of potential operational regulations